• Enhance the quality of life of those living in poverty by empowering them to achieve economic independence, personal fulfillment, and self-reliance.
NOC maintains a strong presence in the neighborhoods we serve; organizes, listens, and involves people in its education, healthcare, and workforce programs.
• 1 in 6 children in the US lives in poverty
• 1 in 3 are Black children
• 1 in 4 are Hispanic children
• >34% of poor children live in single-parent families
NOC’s education, health, and workforce development programs create pathways for economic and social progress.
• Fourth-grade students from low-income families perform below proficiency in Reading (79%) and Math (74%)
NOC’s after-school programs help children master skills in math and reading through tutoring, homework support, and internet-based learning.
• Almost 40 million people in the US speak Spanish at home, many of whom lack a working knowledge of English.
• In 2019, 10% of the population aged 25 and older had not completed high school.
NOC provides adult classes within low-income neighborhoods to help adults build workplace skills.
• Almost 30 million people in the US, mainly low-income, lack health insurance.
NOC, in conjunction with local health service providers, makes available free health screenings to low-income adults and children.
Together we can make a difference in the lives of children and families who need a helping hand.
Be a caring neighbor …